
This is almost 4-year-old E.- one of Brigg's friends and a fire ball neighbor kid who lives several blocks away through winding streets. He is very well known by all the neighbors and police. He likes to walk into people's homes without warning while his poor family is frantically searching for him. One quick personal example: One day I was vacuuming and he walked right in to play with Brigg. I looked out the door and saw his sisters outside playing as well and I thought they had seen E. walk in so I went back to my vacuuming while Brigg and E. played. About 15 minutes later, E.'s mom comes bursting through the door (I didn't hear any knocking since the vacuum was on) and started crying when she saw E. I guess E. had been missing for longer than he was at my house (45 min.). I went outside and the police and entire neighborhood were outside searching. Oops. I had no clue. I felt really bad that I hadn't called E.'s mom to let her know he was at my house. I didn't want to interrupt my vacuuming streak...
So back to last night, E. came in, took off his shoes, and said he was there to sleep over. He was in his pajamas and had a backpack full of stuff! I asked him if his parents knew where he was and he said his dad was in the office. I told him he couldn't come over unless he asked his parents and I explained that Brigg was asleep. E. explained that he knew the "code" to leave the house. I called his mom and she knew immediately that I had E. and said she had put him to bed an hour ago and went check on him and he was gone.
When his dad came to pick him up and gave him a look, I tried so hard not to laugh as I gave him E.'s backpack. E.'s dad looked at me and said "He brought this? Wow, he was packed and ready to go." I said goodnight and shut the door while E's dad put him in a football hold back to the car.
I shut the door and Koby and I laughed hysterically for a good long while. Glad he ain't my kid!
Oh my gosh!! Well at least he likes to go to your house. I'd take it as a compliment! :)
ReplyDeleteI think his parents should probably invest in some high-tech door locks, though. :)
HOly COW! I can't imagine being his parents to live in fear literally 24/7.
ReplyDeleteWow, I was laughing so hard while I was reading this post! What a kid! Perhaps his parents should look into some kind of tracker of some sort?
ReplyDeleteHoly Schnooks! I'm glad he's not my kid, too. ;-S
ReplyDeletethis had me rolling on the floor... i feel awful about it but it's just too darn funny! wow. wow.
ReplyDelete