Monday, August 23, 2010

Last summer flings

Wow, I can't believe summer is about over! I don't think a summer has ever gone by so fast. I think it is because I'm dreading winter- not the cold or the snow, but the short days and lack of sun! I need the sun, I need to be outside playing! Oh well, I hope we survive. Koby says we will just have to go snowboarding/ skiing a lot. We say that every year but for some reason it doesn't happen. I has something to do with kids I think.


Here are a few more pictures of some things we have done this month. Despite feeling like I don't want to do anything (mostly cleaning, cooking, planning activities, making anything, crafting, etc etc), I guess we did get out a little. Seriously, I need the magic fairy to come cast a cleaning/ cooking spell on me- I have not an ounce of motivation to do so. I mean, who wants to cook or clean, but seriously, I'm ridiculous.

We went to Lindon Days and participated in some of the free kid activites. I LOVE Kallie's face in this one.




I wish I had Maren's expression in this one. She LOVES animals and totally freaks out when she sees them. You get Koby's expression though.


My two sister-in-laws/ friends and I braved the crowds at $2 Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was a little crazy but fun! The kids had so much fun. I loved how Kallie and Caden were trying to fill up this water bottle.

I also love this picture of Caden and Kallie. They have become little friends and it is so cute to watch their interactions. He is 4 and she is 2. There is a 1 1/2 yr. difference in age but they have fun. It reminds me of growing up with my cousin Ryan. We were the best of friends and we were 1 1/2 yrs apart just like these two. I had more fun with him (and my other boy cousins of that family) than I did any of my girl cousins.


Sand+Maren= hours of fun! And a sandy diaper.



This summer I trained for another 1/2 marathon- the Hobble Creek Half. I'm glad I signed up for it otherwise I'm not sure I could have kept myself training. I run at night and it was getting really hard fitting it in. Three other women in my ward ran it too and it was fun to train a few days with them as well. We started 45 min. after the set start time which was a little annoying- it got hot and we were waiting around forever. I'm thinking I won't do the Hobble Creek Half Marathon again..... I hope to run a different one someday. I did alright, not a PR, but good enough for me. I came in at 2:19. Two years ago I got 2:04. I guess I really need to do another 1/2 marathon to make up for it. :)

I'm running so fast that the picture was blurry. :)

I'm so grateful for Koby and his sacrifice in watching the kids while I trained. He wants to run a 1/2 marathon again and he didn't so that I could do it. He is so good to me!
Team Alicias.
This is my friend Alicia W. We ran a lot of our long runs together and then ran the 1/2 marathon together. She did amazing!

The summer has been fun. Brigg starts Kindergarten on Sept. 1 so we are entering another stage of life with elementary school. He will be going to afternoon Kindergarten so I'm hoping I will get some free time during the girls naps. That is my hope at least.

I'm having fun in my Young Womens calling as personal progress leader. I'm slowly slowly getting to know the girls a bit. It is hard since there are so many! I feel like I'm making progress with them(ha ha, no pun intended). I actually really miss Relief Society. I don't get to see those women much anymore but I work with some great YW leaders. It is fun to leave the kids at home and go to activities. :) I freak all the girls out when I tell them I went to Oak Canyon Jr. High like them, as well as PG High.
I felt like I needed to go see the bishop and confess my sins after our bishop's lesson on chastity. Koby and I exclusively dated and kissed more than once (ok, a lot! :) before we were 18. That is a big no no now. Was I in denial about that growing up, or did they change the "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet to include more straight forward rules? No exclusive dating before 18. I understand now that I'm a parent- I won't allow any dating before 18. :)
It all worked out in the end for us, thank goodness!

3 comments:

  1. If you find that cleaning/cooking fairy, would you please send her my way? What is it about summer? I don't want to do any cleaning, but I hate having a dirty house. :)

    I would recommend the Ogden half marathon next year. It is in May, and a little chilly as you wait for the race to begin, but it is awesome. I would love to go back to Utah to run that race sometime. Good job on the Hobble Creek Half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO!!! And it looks like your Summer has been a great one...Maren turning one, Kallie getting potty trained, Brigg graduating from pre-school. Wowsers! You've been busy. Hope your Autumn starts off well too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion Amanda, the Ogden 1/2 does sound fun.

    ReplyDelete