Currently I am sitting in my jammies (it is 11am) but I did get a shower. I'm doing good. I skipped my visiting teaching appointments this morning to stay home with a sick, feverish little boy. I hope this illness is a short one. I think Kallie had this same sickness Monday. She had a fever and was a little comatose. Both kids are napping- normal for Kallie, very un-normal for Brigg.
We went through the Draper Temple Open House on Monday with a whole bunch of Koby's co-workers. We went with one member family, 2 non-member co-workers and another non-member co-worker and his cute family. Whew! It was a great experience however we picked one of the worst times on a horrible day to go- President's Day. It took us 3 plus hours to get through the whole thing. Everyone was very patient though. My two favorite parts: when we were walking through the endowment rooms Kallie tooted quite loudly then said "Uh-oh". Another was when Koby told me that when the wife of a co-worker got to the celestial room, she (quietly) said "Holy sh$*!". I think she liked that room. Afterwards we went to Noodles and Company and wow, the Indonesian Peanut Saute is awesome! I now crave that food.
On President's Day we also took Brigg bowling for the first time. He lasted one game but wanted to go play with the video games later. It was really fun though, although you can spend a lot of moolah there in one sitting! Brigg beat both Koby and me the first game, and I beat Koby the second. :)
Last week was a little rough on me and really rough on Koby. I can't even count how many hours Koby worked but I can count the hours of sleep he got on two hands in 4 nights. It was bad. He didn't sleep at all Sunday night and he worked all day Monday, came home early Tuesday morning, slept a few hours, went back to work Tuesday morning, didn't come home that night, came home Thursday morning at 1:30am. I had called him because I had a horrendous migraine headache (those darn pregnancy hormones can wreck havoc!) and I needed a priesthood blessing. Koby got a little sleep that night and then worked some more Thursday and Friday but had a regular nights sleep Thursday night. I really don't know how Koby went without much sleep. A few other co-workers pulled the same schedule so they could meet their deadline. I told Koby they need to pay him extra for being a night watchman as well.
While Koby was away, I watched a romantic movie called Sweet Land. I cried. Very good movie. Later I watched The Secret Life of Bees since I read the book last summer. I cried again. Last night we watched another movie and I cried again. Silly hormones.
I went to my doctor's appointment last week as well and everything is looking good so far! I heard the heartbeat again (150 bpm) and I was reassured that there really is a little peanut in there. I am hoping to get over the shock still. I am 15 weeks pregnant and growing width wise quite well. I'm excited for warmer weather so I can get out and exercise a bit- I need it. :) I have a feeling I am going to put on more weight with this pregnancy than the others. I still am not sure if I think it is a boy or girl. At the beginning I was thinking boy (as do Koby and Brigg) but I wonder if it is another girl because I haven't had morning sickness. I'm still super tired all the time though. The bummer information I got at my last appointment was that the billing lady (not my insurance!) informed me that at the beginning of this year, my maternity deductible went from $5000 to $6500! That is a big jump! I sometimes wonder why I even pay for insurance, especially since it pays diddley squat for maternity. If there are complications, however, I will be glad we won't be going bankrupt.
I bought a bunch of baby doll style shirts at Target for $3.00 each- I love that I can wear normal clothes that work for maternity! I don't think I would wear some as regular clothes though- I tried one on and Koby said it looked like a mu- mu. :)
Brigg: He says the funniest things now days. I started using the "gunny bag" method of cleaning up his room. If he doesn't get his room clean in the allotted time, gunny bag (brown paper bag) comes and eats his toys and he doesn't get them back for a week. Unfortunately, this didn't faze him much but I think with time, and with all his toys put away, he will get it. I had to laugh when he called it the gummy bear. He still doesn't get gunny bag and calls it the gummy bear. He told me that the gummy bear was going to eat so many toys it would throw up and he'd have his toys back. What a character! He has started bargaining for things as well. He can write his name, he knows all his ABC's and the sounds they make. His new thing is thinking of a word, sounding out the beginning, and saying what letter it starts with. It amazes me how fast kids learn. I hope this will lead to reading words on his own before Kindergarten. We went to the Bean Museum at BYU to see all the dead animals. He loved it and I could tell he understood it much more than the last time we went. He sat and watched the nature movies for a long time and he probably would have stayed there if I hadn't gotten bored. He loved touching the live python they had as well. He turns 4 in just a few weeks! That reminds me, I need to plan his birthday party.
She is a very strong willed little girl. She throws some great tantrums. The last two weeks she has also gotten very clingy and won't even let me leave the room sometimes. She wants to me to hold her a lot more, especially when I am trying to make dinner. Her favorite foods are cheese, candy and soda. If they are anywhere around, she wants them. I'm amazed at how fast she picks things up. I can tell her to put something in the garbage and she understands and does it. She likes to do anything she sees us do. On her own, she started taking plates to the table for dinner. She helped put the laundry away in drawers the other day. She LOVES dogs.
OH MAN I LOVE THE INDONESIAN PEANUT SAUTE. I've never had anything else, and I always crave it during pregnancy. YUM.
ReplyDeleteI hate maternity insurance. Seriously, people, FOR THE LOVE. $6500!? That's not even hardly paying for ANYTHING. Ugh. I hate insurance... the whole thing seems like such a scam to me. :(
The good news, though, is that your kids are SO STINKING CUTE!!!!!!