Monday, February 21, 2011

The big 30!

I don't have any pictures of my birthday. I never think to take pictures of myself. :)
On Friday, January 28th I turned 30! I was a little freaked out but mostly took care of all the freaking out the year before my birthday that I'm ok now. I couldn't believe I was leaving my 20's! I couldn't believe I was getting so old. It helps that everyone around you is getting older too. :) I will say that at least saying I'm 30 kinda sounds like I'm more mature even if I don't feel so much so.

I'm trying to remember what we did.... Friday I went out to lunch at Zupas with my mom, sister Katrina and sister in law Kira. It was a great time! I always like girl time.

My parents babysat while Koby and I went and looked bikes. I really really want a bike. I have wanted one for a long time so I'm hoping I actually get one. :) We saw some great ones and we know what we want but we just have to find "the one". Koby and I then went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (finally). We saw it at the Water Gardens in PG. I love that place! Cheaper than other theaters ($3) but they have movies before the $1 movies. Plus I never buy concessions but their concessions are cheap.

After the movie, Koby took me to Carrabbas. It was the second time I've been there (first time was our anniversary this last year) and I think that is one of my favorite restaurants right now. Yum!

The following Sunday we had my family over to celebrate my birthday with soups and salads and Costco cheesecake. We played some games too.

That was the extent of my birthday celebrations!

I'll be honest and say I kinda wished for something a little more out of the ordinary for my 30th. Some kind of surprise or exclusively planned something from Koby. I am the one who picked out the movie and set that up. I told him I didn't want to look at bikes on my birthday but he did anyway... which I ended up being ok with. But you know, sometimes you want something a little romantic. Hello, 30 was a big one for me! Oh well. After 8 1/2 years of marriage, I have realized not to expect too much from Koby in the romantic area. :) He takes good care of me so I can't complain about that and it was a nice evening!

My sweet 80 year old friend, sister Doughtery brought my triple chocolate cake that she does every year. She is such an amazing woman! Of course we celebrated by enjoying this cake all weekend. :)


I forgot to mention that my best friend Emily took me out for a day of girl fun. I also didn't get a single picture! She took me out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, we went back to her place, watched a movie and made crafts. Well, I made a scrapbook for a young woman in our ward and she helped with all the creative part. :) She served me yummy dessert and I had a blast! She spoiled me rotten with the softest furry slippers and a bracelet with changeable jewelry beads. It is nice to have a friend who likes to make you feel special. Thanks Em!!

1 comment: