Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blog catchup

I am so behind in my blog posts. Most of them have to do with pictures since I can't remember all that happens inbetween. There are a lot of funny things that I have forgotten to document. Oh well I guess. Hopefully blogging everything else will jog my memory.

I just wanted to blog about my weekend before I forget. Koby helped out with a missionary 1st discussion night at the church. The sister missionaries put a lot of work into a open house for investigators. Koby helped serve brownies. :) He has been ward mission leader for over 3 years I think. Longer than any other ward mission leader in the stake and he has gone through 3 high councilors. He has been tired of the calling for awhile but he is still putting effort into it. Our ward has had one baptism this year and many re activations but I don't think he considers them having anything to do with him. However, he is great at being a friend to them.

Anyhow, back to my weekend. I went to Good Earth to stock up on some vitamins, etc that my doctor recommended. I'm now taking progesterone (he says I'm most likely low and probably wouldn't have had so many pregnancy/ post partum mood problems if I had been on it) and very high doses of fish oil, vitamin D and a few other vitamins. It will be interesting to see if it helps! If only I could believe that progesterone would solve most of my problems. :) I might actually get the guts to have another baby someday!

I keep digressing. I was at Good Earth, trying to talk to a nutritionist about different fish oils, about why I'm taking them (I mentioned mood issues) and in the meantime, Maren is screaming her head off, my other kids were chasing each other around the aisles, tipping over the shopping cart and knocking bottles off the shelves. I'm trying to control my temper as I talk to the lady about the benefits of fish oils on anxiety and depression. HUH! I wonder why I have bad PMS! I finally made it out of the store, very embarrassed and wondering why I even try to go to the store with 3 kids. Needless to say, the kids did not get any suckers.

We then went to the library to pick up a few books I had on hold, return a bag full of books and check out a carload of books. I survived that adventure.

I got the kids home and after what seemed like forever, finally in bed. I sat down to enjoy the quiet for a bit when Koby came home with not one, but two mint brownies for me. I needed that extra brownie. He then suggested we go on a late night walk.... and we did. It was wonderful. Reminded me of when I was going crazy and had to take a walk every night and Koby would sometimes join me. We didn't go far (we would have been able to still see our house on fire), but it was far enough.

It didn't seem like much, but it was awesome.

Saturday I went to yoga in the park (oh, how i miss yoga! It is amazing!), a yard sale and then home to clean and clean. Then we got a real babysitter (cute Alex Riggs) and went on a romantic date...... running. Yes, hot and sweaty romantic. :) We went up the Provo canyon and got in a good 5 miles. It was so fun to be out in nature with my hunk a man. We were able to talk without interruptions! Then we went to Noodles and Co and I got the coconut curry for the first time. YUM! Probably one of my favorite. Then we went to Menchies and had frozen yogurt. It was a great time out and I really, really needed it. I wish we could go out every week. We both dream when we can leave the kids at home because they are old enough to take care of each other. Someday!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hear you. About everything, except for the post-partum specifics and the 3-kids thing. But I totally know all about the TWO kids thing in stores where one or both are crying/whining/creating mayhem and I'm constantly saying, "Don't! Stop! Come back! Put that back! Shhh! Just wait! Don't touch!" and really wishing I were alone. Even though I love them. It is always easier and more peaceful to do things without kids. And date night...ah, bliss. I wish we had more of those too. They are too few and too far between. I hear you all the way.

    ReplyDelete