NYC/ Conn/ NJ Trip
November 16-20th
Koby needed to take a trip to Connecticut to install a server and meet the people who were hosting his server at Telekurs. I decided that as VP of Zava, I needed to supervise this visit. :) I didn't think I would be able to go since I had some babysitting issues to work out, but both our parents were so incredibly nice to help out and my 9 months pregnant sister was so generous in offering to sleep at my house and watch them every night. I jumped at the opportunity and we hopped on a plane!
We caught the red eye on Wednesday night- Jet Blue to be exact.
November 16-20th
Koby needed to take a trip to Connecticut to install a server and meet the people who were hosting his server at Telekurs. I decided that as VP of Zava, I needed to supervise this visit. :) I didn't think I would be able to go since I had some babysitting issues to work out, but both our parents were so incredibly nice to help out and my 9 months pregnant sister was so generous in offering to sleep at my house and watch them every night. I jumped at the opportunity and we hopped on a plane!
We caught the red eye on Wednesday night- Jet Blue to be exact.
What you say? I can't hear.
It is even past my bedtime.
I slept a few hours total and Koby hardly any but we made it to NYC at 6:30 (4:30am our time). We were exhausted. We got our rental car and made our way to Manhattan to catch breakfast with a Telakurs rep.
I slept a few hours total and Koby hardly any but we made it to NYC at 6:30 (4:30am our time). We were exhausted. We got our rental car and made our way to Manhattan to catch breakfast with a Telakurs rep.
Our pimpin ride! We make fun of people who drive these. We ate some humble pie.
Da Brooklyn Bridge
Water!

The famous Cipriani on wall street. The big wigs eat here. Not many customers were there when we ate breakfast but I guess it fills up for lunch and dinner. A very homey place with a ton of history. That night, the NYC mayor ate dinner here and was ambushed by Occupy Wall street protesters. Dang, we missed the party! At least we got to eat a yummy breakfast with the nice Telkurs rep that works across the street (on wall street!). He paid too. :) Such a different life! I can't believe how much those people commute and work.
Occupy Wallstreet protesters. There were a lot of camera crew and policeman. A TON of hippies.
I didn't get it and still don't get it, but it was fun to see it all live. The news stations were constantly running stories on occupy Wall street.
I didn't get it and still don't get it, but it was fun to see it all live. The news stations were constantly running stories on occupy Wall street.
They had the whole section of Wall street blocked off and you have to show ID to the police to get in. It was fun to see the NY Stock Exchange.
We walked over to see the 9 11 memorial but we didn't get very close. I'm kicking myself for not getting closer and actually seeing it. I wasn't sure what I was looking at or looking for. Now that I have done more research, I wish I saw the waterfalls!! Shoot! I will have to make another trip to NY.
We paid our $30 parking fee and headed out of Manhattan, driving with white knuckles the whole way. It was a crazy, jam packed place and I'm glad I don't have to drive in downtown. We were too cheap to pay car rental insurance so we were pretty nervous.
We headed to Stanton, Connecticut to meet up with the rest of the Telekurs crew. It was such a gorgeous drive! I was quite the tourist, taking pictures of everything.
We walked over to see the 9 11 memorial but we didn't get very close. I'm kicking myself for not getting closer and actually seeing it. I wasn't sure what I was looking at or looking for. Now that I have done more research, I wish I saw the waterfalls!! Shoot! I will have to make another trip to NY.
We paid our $30 parking fee and headed out of Manhattan, driving with white knuckles the whole way. It was a crazy, jam packed place and I'm glad I don't have to drive in downtown. We were too cheap to pay car rental insurance so we were pretty nervous.
We headed to Stanton, Connecticut to meet up with the rest of the Telekurs crew. It was such a gorgeous drive! I was quite the tourist, taking pictures of everything.
The parking lot of Telekurs. I was so excited to see fall in the East but it wasn't quite in full glory. This was some of the prettiest colors I had seen so far. Such a beautiful parking lot even! :)
We met all the people at Telekurs. I didn't actually know anyone at the time but it was so fun to see Koby talking to everyone like he was buddies with them, talking about their lives and such. He had met most everyone over the phone when spending hours working out server problems and such. It was quite the experience meeting them in person. Everyone was so friendly and gracious. I had been thinking I would get to freshen up at our hotel before meeting them so I felt like a frump after little sleep and wearing the same clothes I had on the day before. My hair had also reacted to the vastly different humidity and was a frizzy mess. Oh well! A few of the upper management took us out to a quaint Irish pup and the food was delicious. Koby went back to the building and installed the server. I read a book for several hours and after falling asleep several times in the lobby, I decided to head out to the car and take a nap. My nap turned into several hours and it was dark when I woke up. My phone was dead and I couldn't call Koby and the front doors were locked. I waited until he finally finished at 7:30pm and we headed to our hotel.
We met all the people at Telekurs. I didn't actually know anyone at the time but it was so fun to see Koby talking to everyone like he was buddies with them, talking about their lives and such. He had met most everyone over the phone when spending hours working out server problems and such. It was quite the experience meeting them in person. Everyone was so friendly and gracious. I had been thinking I would get to freshen up at our hotel before meeting them so I felt like a frump after little sleep and wearing the same clothes I had on the day before. My hair had also reacted to the vastly different humidity and was a frizzy mess. Oh well! A few of the upper management took us out to a quaint Irish pup and the food was delicious. Koby went back to the building and installed the server. I read a book for several hours and after falling asleep several times in the lobby, I decided to head out to the car and take a nap. My nap turned into several hours and it was dark when I woke up. My phone was dead and I couldn't call Koby and the front doors were locked. I waited until he finally finished at 7:30pm and we headed to our hotel.
Our room at the Hyatt in Greenwich. I love hotwire. $75!
We didn't want to pay the $30 a person hotel breakfast so we headed to the local store and spent a good hour perusing their food. So much diverse food! It was fun. We got a loaf of bread, some Brie, fruit and yogurt, chocolate, juice and contact solution.
We didn't want to pay the $30 a person hotel breakfast so we headed to the local store and spent a good hour perusing their food. So much diverse food! It was fun. We got a loaf of bread, some Brie, fruit and yogurt, chocolate, juice and contact solution.
We didn't need to be in Princeton, N.J. until late afternoon, so we decided to take our time traveling and to explore. We drove all over Greenwich because I was in love. Beautiful suburban homes, gorgeous ocean views and tons of greenery. We saw lovely homes. Koby and I were guessing how much each home cost. Needless to say, we didn't realize at the time the Greenwich, CT is one of the top 5 wealthiest areas in the US. So our estimates were probably 10xs lower than reality. We zillowed some of our favorite places and they were several million dollar homes. oops!
I loved all the little bridges and tunnels.

The Atlantic!! I got out and touched it. We found this little beach after we dead ended into a country club. We didn't want to pay the $30 entry fee to really see the ocean so we stopped at this private beach.
This was the house directly in front of the private beach. It was so romantic! It was sprinkling rain and there was a little rock wall to the private beach. Dream home!
I would have gladly taken this home too that was also across the street to the private beach.
A few things i thought amazing about our drive to N.J.:
A few things i thought amazing about our drive to N.J.:
MASSIVE graveyards. I couldn't even see where they stopped in any direction. They kept going on forever!! I guess that is what the west has, not as many dead people.
Mowing the freeway?
We had a fun and scenic drive to New Jersey. I'm so glad we never really felt rushed to get anywhere. We were stuck in completely stopped traffic for 2 hours in NY. Yikes! I also hated the toll bridges. So expensive!
We arrived in Princeton, N.J. and stayed at the Wyndham. $62 a night! Still loving Hotwire! We checked in and explored Princeton a bit. We found a fun Indian market and bought a few Indian spices. We also ate a full course meal at a local Indian restaurant. It was very good and I tried a whole bunch of different menu items I had never had but Bombay is still my favorite.
We met Koby's high school friend Scott Abbott and his wife Kristen and son Lincoln at the hotel. It was very late so we talked a bit and went to bed. The next morning we got a little breakfast and headed to Terhune Orchards. They were in the middle of their harvest festival.
We had a fun and scenic drive to New Jersey. I'm so glad we never really felt rushed to get anywhere. We were stuck in completely stopped traffic for 2 hours in NY. Yikes! I also hated the toll bridges. So expensive!
We arrived in Princeton, N.J. and stayed at the Wyndham. $62 a night! Still loving Hotwire! We checked in and explored Princeton a bit. We found a fun Indian market and bought a few Indian spices. We also ate a full course meal at a local Indian restaurant. It was very good and I tried a whole bunch of different menu items I had never had but Bombay is still my favorite.
We met Koby's high school friend Scott Abbott and his wife Kristen and son Lincoln at the hotel. It was very late so we talked a bit and went to bed. The next morning we got a little breakfast and headed to Terhune Orchards. They were in the middle of their harvest festival.



We strolled amongst the orchards and pumpkin patch (mostly a bunch of picked pumpkins strewn around a field), saw the farm animals, drank some fresh apple cider, ate some tasty hot chilli and cider donuts, and wandered their corn maze. It was a glorious day.
Some pool was played back at the hotel and we rested for a bit.

We walked around downtown Princeton, home of Einstein.


The architecture was magnificent!! I felt like I was in Europe.



We were inclined to become one with the architecture.
That night, we met up with another one of Koby's highschool buddies, Jeff Sottolano and his fiancee, Stacy at the Metro North Grill. Wow, it was good food!
Next morning, Koby and the guys went frisbee golfing and Koby got poison ivy.
Kristen and I went exploring. We went to an old battlefield and saw an old house and tree.
Next morning, Koby and the guys went frisbee golfing and Koby got poison ivy.
Kristen and I went exploring. We went to an old battlefield and saw an old house and tree.
We hung out at the hotel and then we met up with the guys to go out to breakfast. We said our goodbyes to everyone and headed back to NY. Scott and Kristen were so nice to come from their home in Washington DC to hang out with us. We home that everyone can come see us in Utah next time so we can show them more of the west.
We took our time heading back to NY.
More bridges and more tolls.
Statue of Liberty.
We were almost out of gas and we had prepaid for a tank so we decided not to dally and head to the airport. We got lost walking to the wrong terminal but that was ok, we had hours to kill! We got some amazing margarite pizza in the airport (I was determined to have some NY pizza before I left!) and we read books and walked around the shops. It was very fun!
Koby's parents were incredibly nice to take and pick us up from the SLC airport, even though we ended up not being able to take them to the airport for their trip. We got home close to 1am on Monday morning and life was back to usual that day! It was so wonderful to get away without kids for awhile. It had been since being pregnant with Kallie since we were able to be kidless.
I'm already looking forward to another vacation..... someday.
We were almost out of gas and we had prepaid for a tank so we decided not to dally and head to the airport. We got lost walking to the wrong terminal but that was ok, we had hours to kill! We got some amazing margarite pizza in the airport (I was determined to have some NY pizza before I left!) and we read books and walked around the shops. It was very fun!
Koby's parents were incredibly nice to take and pick us up from the SLC airport, even though we ended up not being able to take them to the airport for their trip. We got home close to 1am on Monday morning and life was back to usual that day! It was so wonderful to get away without kids for awhile. It had been since being pregnant with Kallie since we were able to be kidless.
I'm already looking forward to another vacation..... someday.



























No comments:
Post a Comment