Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The week in review

Christmas is over- so sad because it will be a whole year before another one but whew, I'm glad it is over. I love this time of year but I am glad to have the whole presents thing done with. I don't have to worry anymore about if so-and-so will like their gift. They got it and now it is their problem whether they like it or not, ha ha.

So how was your Christmas? Ours was wonderful. Here are the top 10 things that I loved about this week:

10. Making neighbor gifts. It is fun to give gifts to all the neighbors but this is number 10 because things didn't turn out so well this year. I made this and put them in cute little jars. I also tried to make this to go with the cocoa. First of all, the cocoa didn't taste as amazing as the reviews said- even after doing some of the modifications the reviewers said to do. It was ok hot cocoa if you put it in warm milk. Second, the biscotti tasted good but broke into many pieces and didn't make as many as the recipe said (unless you count all the broken pieces). I only gave a few packages of the biscotti to the neighbors. Oh well, next year I think I will keep it simple and just buy something pre-packaged and give it- I didn't save myself any money or time trying to make a homemade gift.

9. Playing with our new toy. Now we can chop up the new Iphone we don't have. This was a combo gift from Koby's parents and ourselves to ourselves. I can't wait to make flour and peanut butter. We already tried soup (and yes, it makes it hot!), ice cream (it makes thick ice cream), and green smoothies. It is an amazing machine.

8. I FINALLY cleaned my kitchen floor after 3 weeks. Yuck. I feel like it is safe to walk barefoot on it again.

7. Koby wrapped most of the Christmas presents this year! And ran errands.

6. Waking up to lots of snow Christmas morning!

5. Baby has slept for 6 straight hours 3 different nights in the last week and a half. Only thing that dampens that wonderfulness is that she usually has 2 bad nights following the good night. I'll take all the good I can get though!

4. The amazing kindness and thoughtfulness the ward members (church members) have shown us. So many people have given us gifts and food since the baby was born. I have been shocked by all the people who have thought of us. Many gifts were homemade too. It is nice to feel loved in your ward.

3. The week isn't over yet.

2. Hanging out with family. Christmas Eve with my aunts, uncles and cousins on my mom's side of the family: dinner and white elephant gift exchange and the "love magic" in the air with a cousin getting married in a week and another cousin who got engaged that day. Christmas Day brunch with Koby's family and then lunch with my family.

1. Hanging out with my little family as we lit candles Sunday night and watched the Mormon Tabernacle choir concert marathon on KBYU. It wasn't what we did necessarily but the spirit of love that was there .

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out why my computer isn't recognizing my camera connection anymore.

4 comments:

  1. You are NOT allowed near my iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that sounds lovely. At least you did neighbor gifts. I thought about that, and then laughed at myself. Ha. Still am, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the quiz. How did you find that? I'm Anne Elliot. That's probably why I like Persuasion so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh baby, I need to see that new blender in action. I'll bring the ice cream ingredients if you blend it for us.

    ReplyDelete