Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've got a little "woo woo" in me too

So you need to check out my sister-in-law's post. It contains a lot of info that I have been mulling around in my head for quite a long time. She thinks she is a little "woo woo" but that is just being a mom looking out for the health of her kids. I think it was an excellent post full of some great links. I too have read a lot recently on plastics and all the toxic garbage you can get from them. I (choke, cough, wipe a tear from my eye) just packed up all my Advent baby bottles and put them away. I can't make myself get rid of them yet but I already bought glass baby bottles to replace them. I also went through all of my kid jammies and took out the flame retardant ones. They are quite retarded. I recently bought some new jammies but thank goodness they are cotton ones. Anyhow, there are lots of chemicals out there that I know are not good for our bodies and I don't know how our bodies manage so well as it is. Then there are the chemicals we ingest and the whole organic foods issue. I love Costco because they have a lot of organic products. And it never fails to shop at Good Earth- you can always find chemical free, natural products there.

Another thing I got from Rynell's post was about blogs and non-identifying information. This whole issue plagued me as I was thinking about starting a blog. I thought about making my blog private and I am still thinking about doing so, but until then I am going to give my children nicknames. I hope you can figure who is who since I only have one child as of now. Kanoba (Ka-nob-a) is a nickname his "Pah-kah" (grandpa) gave him so I am going to use it.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving!! Only 2 more days. It actually got cold enough today to feel like Thanksgiving is near. I'm making this for our family Thanksgiving dinner. Mmmmm, I can't wait to try it.

1 comment: