Saturday, April 12, 2008

All Things Jane Austen

First of all, there is a giveaway at Summer's Reviews! The giveaway is one of my new found favorite movies, the BBC adaptation of Sense and Sensiblity.
I loved it much more than the Emma Thompson/ Kate Winslet version. Very good. Very English.

Since I am on the topic of Jane Austen, I am reading a trilogy that was highly recommended to me. It is on my sidebar- the A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman series. I have never wanted to read offshoots of the Jane Austen novels because I worry they will ruin or take away from Austen's books. Not so with this series. I have only read half of the first book but I can tell that they will not disappoint me. I feel like I am watching the BBC Pride and Prejudice movie in my head but from Darcy's point of view. It has been fun! Check them out if you want a fun, easy read.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look into that trilogy. I've been weary of reading spin offs as well, ever since I picked one up that happened to be very dirty. I didn't make it past the 3rd page. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete