
What a funny guy.
Well I participated in my first race since being pregnant. Wahoo! It was a 5K race for Earth Day/ Arbor Day. All the proceeds went to buy trees for the city I live in. It was fun to run with Koby, Kanoba in the stroller, my brother with his baby in the stroller, and my dad! I have been "training" for the race for several weeks and I have had so much fun, which is something I didn't think I would ever say. Running is hard work and a big challenge mentally (not to mention the obvious physical challenge) but I think I am starting to get a little bit addicted. It is really good for me to have to discipline myself- I need to practice self discipline. :) When life seems so out of control, it is nice to have some control in something. I have been seeing definite improvement in my endurance and some in my speed. It is exciting. My goal is to run a local 1/2 marathon at the end of summer. In the meantime I plan on running more 5K and 10K races. I need to enter the races because they give me a concrete goal and something to look forward to. It is just so nice to feel like I am actually meeting one of my personal goals- to exercise 4-5 times a week (I am also doing Yoga and Jump Aerobics which are a BLAST). It is a goal I have struggled with for so long. I would get lazy and not want to exercise or become very inconsistent. There are so many areas in my life where I feel so inadequate but for now, at least, I am meeting my expectations in exercising. Finally.
You are a HOT runner!!!
ReplyDeletePlease post or email tips on how to get started. I'm going to start running (well, walking with the aspiration of running someday) after this kid pops out, so I need lots of tips of how to do it without hating it. :)
Congrats! I am glad that you could do that. I used to run at 5AM in High school with a friend. I have since hurt my knee at work, had knee surgery and I wonder if I will ever be able to run long distances again. I, however have to have someone to run with.
ReplyDeleteI have been working hard to get my extra weight off and it is not easy. I would like to have another baby beofre too long so I need to do it fast. I have been doing Turbo Jam and Billy's Boot Camp. Somedays can I just say Ouch!. I have however lost about 10 lbs. Only 40 or 50 more to go.
Anyway I am happy for you. It is nice to have someting of your own you are in control of.
I think you are super woman! I am so impressed with everything you are always doing!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's impressive! Running IS totally addictive, but it's a good addictive! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
ReplyDeletegood for you Alicia! I've been wanting to get into yoga. what do you do with your kids when you exercise?
ReplyDeleteMega congratulations! Seriously. I'm going to do the Freedom Run in July and can I just say that you sound like you did an amazing job with your 5K and I don't feel anywhere near ready to run the race myself! I've been training for 5 weeks and, while I'm making progress, the days where I'm supposed to run non-stop...well, let's just say I have room for improvement. Good thing I have a couple more months. If you're going to do the Freedom Run 5K in July, too, let me know!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I am always so impressed with you :)
ReplyDelete