Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wasn't Easter like forever ago?

I'm slow.... but I thought I would share a little about our Easter weekend. I did things backwards this year. Hopefully next year I will get things right. First of all, I gave the kids their Easter baskets on Sunday.... and I didn't hide them like most families do. Lame, I know. That is ok though because we have 9am church and it was hard enough getting out the door without competing with candy and baskets.



Saturday we went to three Easter egg hunts. We went to the traditional Lindon Easter egg hunt which I love. They rope off areas by age so the little kids don't get trampled and they have plenty of opportunity to find eggs. I was a single parent this year (aren't I every year at these things?) so I had Brigg come with the 0-3 year olds. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Even Kallie found a few eggs and Brigg got a prize egg.

Next we went to the cousin's home for a big Easter egg hunt. There were tons of eggs everywhere. Kallie had quickly caught on that candy was in the eggs and she would find one and immediately open it.



Later that afternoon, we went to my parents for an Easter BBQ/ egg hunt. Kallie found a few prize eggs and got some bunny ears. I was able to take a picture of her during the 1.4 seconds she kept the ears on. The funny thing was that her cousin, who is the same age, got play jewelry and she was showing them off, posing and such. Kallie wanted nothing to do with that frilly stuff.

Daddy graciously wore the ears instead.
Then, there was a very special prize egg that my sister Katrina was given by her boyfriend Chris..... a huge rock! Wahoo!! I wish I found an egg with something like that in it! Congrats Katrina, it is about time! (he he, they have been together 5 years...) Hopefully I will get to be in on the wedding plans. They are talking about a fall wedding. Of course I think that is the best time since that is when I got married.


Sunday, actual Easter Sunday, I didn't get any pictures. I didn't' even take one of the kids in their cute clothes. You already saw Kallies new Easter dress and I was cheap because Brigg still fits in his clothes from last year so I didn't buy him a new church outfit. Lame mom again.


The crazy part of Sunday was that we went to Sacrament meeting then I took the kids home and put Kallie down for a nap and let Brigg do whatever. Why? Because my kids were driving me crazy. Kallie didn't sleep well the day before because we were all over the place and so she was tired. Brigg was just being grumpy and refused to go to class. We sat in the car until he decided he would go to class.... which didn't really happen. He went back in but wanted to sit outside the door. So I left to go to my class and of course he ran after me crying and refusing to go to class. I gave up and went home. I hope that next Sunday he will be more eager to go to class. I don't want to go through that again.

Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a lovely dinner with Koby's side of the family. We came home and crashed from a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment