Sunday, January 4, 2009

A dreadful list

You know when you have those times when your list of needed things starts adding up, in length and in cost? Well that is happening in our household. It aggravates me so I am going to vent it here. Don't worry, I'm not in need of any sympathy because its not that bad but it just seems like things keep "breaking" or there is another need, all at once. I noticed it starting Jan. 1st. It started off with a bang, literally.

Item needed #1: A new Car



We went to Jump on It on New Years Day for a church party. Unfortunately when we got there, the man in the truck backed into us. It was a little messy with him trying not take any fault for it, but I hope it will all work out. As a side note, as a person who HATES confrontations, I yelled at the man. I think I am a little hormonal because it isn't usually like me. He really got me mad though. Fortunately all that came out was a little yelling and not screaming. The guy finally admitted fault but we now have to deal with insurance companies because that little dent in the corner of our car is estimated to be at least $2,000! I want a new car. That is worth almost half the car is even worth and besides, it is leaking oil in a major way. We have tried repairing it but it won't fix.

Item needed #2: A toaster




Our toaster down button stopped working. We got it at our wedding reception, so I guess it is about time. But I hate it when things break! And I can't live without my toast.


Item #3 needed: A new convertible carseat/ booster

This can be either a cheap or expensive purchase. I can't decide which one to do- obviously cheap is nice, but not when the thing that is supposed to keep your child safe is cheap in quality too. Brigg has outgrown his carseat and Kallie is about to outgrow her baby carrier (she only weighted 18lbs at her year checkup). She is ready for Brigg's seat. So, I am trying to find a good, small , cheap carseat that will grow with Brigg. I'm still looking. Here are two I added to the list of acceptable carseats/ boosters. I'm not sure I am ok with boosters yet- the price is great, but I feel safer with the 5 point harness still. However, it says on this booster that it starts at 30lbs, and Brigg is over 30lbs and will be 4 in just 2 months.





Item #4 needed: Garage sales
Ha ha, so this is my cover for all the other things I need. The kids are growing so fast all of a sudden that they are starting to run out of clothes that fit. Usually I stock up, and in some things I am stocked up on, but it is hard to keep up sometimes. They do have a lot of things that do still fit, but there a a few specific things like church pants and play pants for Brigg, jammies for Kallie (she is currently wearing warm ones Brigg wore- I don't mind at all but it is funny she is wearing jammies with dinosaurs and trucks). I just need to get out and hit the clearance racks and stock up again. I just don't want to haul my kids to do it. :) Also to this garage sale list, I'll add a big screen TV, a dodge or chevy truck, swing set and trampoline. Oh, opps, we are getting on to a wish list. :)

Item #5 needed: Digital TV converter box
Yeah, I ordered my two coupons, saw that I had 3 whole months to buy one, put it to the side figuring that was Koby's job since he knows all things technological, and forgot about them. 2 days after they expired, I pulled them out. Oops. They don't give you any more coupons. So now we are stuck with our TV going blank on Feb. 17th. That could be a good thing since we don't need to waste our time with TV and Koby and I watch most everything on the internet or dvds. However, I will really miss PBS as a great babysitter once in awhile. We will have to remedy this situation somehow. A big screen TV would remedy this problem. :)

Item #6 needed: My mind
I'm always in need of my mind and memory.

I know there was something else, but I can't think of it right now. A boob job? No, I don't think that is needed. Anyhow, we will whittle down this list eventually, but I hate having a list of things that are all needed at the same time. Hopefully I don't jinx myself and we have to add some really BIG things. Oh, I remembered one other thing, but I will tell you that later....maybe on my birthday. :)

Thanks for letting me air out my list here. I hope it doesn't seem like I am complaining too much because we do have all we REALLY need. The car will get fixed, we will get a toaster, we can afford a new car seat and we have clothes for the kids. I'm not sure what will happen with the TV, but that is ok. We don't have any huge horrible expenses like a new roof, water heater, etc. And I am sure many of you have worse lists than mine. But isn't it ironic that suddenly things all come up at the same time?

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, yelling at that guy. One time when I was in high school my brother was driving us home from school. We saw the mailman at our mailbox, so my brother pulled in behind him so we could pick up the mail. You would think the mailman would pull straight forward, but instead he backed straight up, straight into our car--without even looking in his rear view mirrors! Then the mailman got out of his car and yelled at my brother! I think my brother had a fair case and could have yelled back, because, really, the mailman was the dummy, but we were teenagers and he was an adult. Hope things work out for you in the end. Oh, and there are options out there for boob jobs that don't involve implants, but that add instant fullness and voluptuousness. Sore nipples and sacrifice of sleep may be required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone that can fix a head light cheap he can also probly get a new car pretty cheap. who's to say that oil leak wasn't caused by the accident anyway!? LOL I have a trampoline you can have it. we can't keep it in our condo anymore anyway, the land lord is starting to complain about the holes in the ceiling. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW, I'm so sorry. Get yourself a minivan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when this happens. Things always seem to go wrong/broken/missing/outgrown at the same time.

    ReplyDelete