Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Roll

As per a request for this recipe and because I have been wanting to post this for awhile, here is a lovely, scrumptious recipe for Pumpkin Roll. I get requests for this recipe almost every time I make it- even from the single adult kids and teenagers at church when we made it for class. Even I requested it from a previous co-worker. It has been passed around a lot.

Pumpkin Roll

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
Powdered sugar

Filling: 
1 cup confectioners' sugar
6 ounces cream cheese,
softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened (orig. recipe called for 1/2 c. but I think that is too much)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Beat eggs. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Add sifted dry ingredients. Spread on cookie sheet that has been lined with greased wax paper. Top with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth) that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up the cake by rolling towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool. Prepare the frosting by blending together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla. When completely cooled, unroll cake, take off wax paper, and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 12-15 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I'm making it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete